Location: Miami, Florida
Performs general ultrasound examinations within the department, nursing units, and off-site centers.
Job Specific Duties
- Assists in minor surgical procedures, such as biopsies, cyst aspirations, etc.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Responsible for technical proficiency in producing diagnostic scans with ability to recognize visible anatomical structures.
- Ensures adequate clinical history is available to correlate with the ultrasound examination. Verifies information with the requisition and patient chart per hospital policy.
- Maintains records of examinations. Schedules cases to coordinate with other examinations and reviews NPO status on selected cases.
- Performs all ultrasound examinations (i.e. renal, brain, soft tissue, etc). Completes required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adjusts equipment, determines proper technique, and arranges immobilization and support devices to obtain correct patient position.
- Communicates effectively with hospital employees, physicians, and patients.
- Reports any equipment problems/malfunctions to clinical engineering or supervisor on an as needed basis and problem solves issues with equipment.
- Follows hospital patient-identification policy prior to performing examination. Verifies two patient identifiers to ensure right patient and correct procedure.
- Observes safety practices at all times, adheres to all clean sweep guidelines and infection control standards per policy.
- Performs QA, completes exam, enters and transmits patient information into PACS in a timely manner.
- Performs portable examinations in operating room, emergency department, and in-patient rooms.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory, maintains cleanliness of the equipment, and stocks scan room.
- Contacts Physician within 1 hour for all STAT cases with results.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Amer Regis Diag Med Sonography If hired after April 1, 2023, must be registry eligible at time of hire. Staff hired prior to April 1, 2023 must be registered before 12/31/2023
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of ultrasound procedure protocols.
- Previous experience in pediatric ultrasound technology preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to problem solve to adapt standard clinical procedures to the individual client's need.
Imaging & Radiology
Primary Location :
W KENDALL CENTER - ULTRASOUND-2100-530722