Certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs) are nationally certified as having the competencies necessary to administer anesthesia and related care, and state licensed as advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs). CRNAs are licensed, independent practitioners who practice both autonomously and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary healthcare team. The focus of the CRNA job is to provide high-quality, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services at all acuity levels, for all Kelsey-Seybold patients. The ideal candidate is a hard-working, team player with a favorable work and/or training history. Kelsey-Seybold anesthesiologists treat children, adolescents, and adults at multiple locations across the Houston area. Procedures include general, orthopedic, endoscopy, plastics/ reconstructive, ophthalmology, urology, gynecology, ENT, interventional radiology, sedation for pain procedures, and approximately 5 percent pediatric cases involving simple ENT (PE tubes, tonsillectomies, adenoidectomies, strabismus, simple orthopedics) ASA 1 to 3 patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other assignments, projects and duties may be required.
- Evaluate patients to determine an accurate anesthetic plan
- Work under the direction of physician anesthesiologist
- Determine and administer the appropriate dosage of anesthesia during procedures
- Coordinate with doctors, nurses, technicians, and other health care professionals
- Complete records of type and amount of anesthesia, patient condition, patient response and medical histories
- Assess patient recovery and removal to another room following surgery
- Candidate should also be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient