The Registered Nurse is responsible for patient triage and education, assisting physicians during office hours and follow-up on
prescriptions, procedures and tests. Maintain chart documentation to ensure all information about visit is completed and documented correctly.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code
of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job
functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner
4. Assists in the assessment of patient needs and treatment plan by taking vital signs, blood pressure, patient history, medication listing, and
determining chief complaint. Provide Physicians with assessments of patient condition.
5. Performs tests as directed by physician.
6. Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures.
7. Draws lab specimens and prepares them for lab transport, including completion of lab forms and/or computer entry.
8. Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
9. Assists with patient teaching and instructions.
10. Triages patients to determine which are emergencies and provides immediate support if deemed necessary. Notifies provider of medical emergencies.
11. Assist in the development and documentation of patient care protocols and procedures and patient education materials.
12. Compile and analyze variety of medical, statistical, and operational data and prepare reports for outcomes measurement and program efficacy.
13. Review treatment forms to verify data required to maximize reimbursement has been identified. Route relevant information from patient to
appropriate department personnel.
14. Ensure information is appropriately entered into Electronic Health Record.
High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of an accredited nursing program.
2 years of clinical preferably in a physician office.
Current State RN license and CPR certification.
Tenet Healthcare/TPR complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Southfield, Michigan
Facility: DMC Medical Group
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.